Toyota City, Japan, (December 9, 2015 ) Bringing to the table to improve driving dynamics, styling evocative, and the fuel economy of 40.8 km / L (under the JC08 test cycle), Toyota’s fourth Prius launched at dealers across Japan. Toyota targeting monthly sales 12,000 units in the Japanese market.
Building firm guarantees its environment, fuel economy “E” model of the new Prius’ grade reaches 40.8 km / L under the better-cycle JC08 test than any hybrid car in its class. Among other grades, the two-wheel drive models achieve 37.2 km / L, and the models equipped with the newly formed E-Four electronic four-wheel drive system to achieve 34.2 km / L (all measured under the Japanese JC08 cycle). All grades exceed the 2020 fuel economy standards defined in the Act of Japan Rational Use of Energy at least 20 percent, and are eligible for the Japanese government subsidies and tax incentives for eco-cars.
The new Prius is the first to incorporate a wider-reaching structural innovations Toyota New Global Architecture (TNGA); an innovative, integrated systems for powertrain components and vehicle platforms. TNGA makes major enhancements to the basic functionality through the eye-catching, low-slung stance and driving more enjoyable, comfortable, and quiet, and all of which are in line with the philosophy of Toyota’s developing ever-better cars.
Aspect of the New Toyota Prius
- Sleek, styling evocative and warm interior of the complex.
- A new engine that achieves a maximum efficiency of the hottest 40 percent, and a more compact and lightweight hybrid system incorporating key components such as motors, transaxle, power control unit, and hybrid batteries. Hybrid system losses have been reduced by almost 20 percent, enabling “E” grade models in order to achieve a fuel economy of 40.8 km / L under the JC08 test cycle.
- An new body structure based TNGA: In the lower center of gravity, the body torsional rigidity has been increased by approximately 60 percent compared to the previous model. Combined with all the new double-wishbone rear suspension, the developments heighten the experience of driving the all-new Prius.
- For the first time, the Prius features an electronic four-wheel drive system. The newly formed E-Four system supports a stable driving snowy roads and slippery helping the driver when you start off.
- The Toyota Safety Sense P collision avoidance and mitigation package, which includes four years Toyota safety technology (including pre-collision system that can detect both pedestrians cars, and full-speed range radar cruise control), standard on all “A” and “A Premium “grades. The new Prius also includes a newly established to drive the Toyota Connect support, the corresponding information with the vehicle-to-infrastructure and vehicle-to-vehicle communication utilizing devoted to the 760 MHz frequency in Japan for intelligent transportation systems. Bi-Beam LED headlamps and smart entry keyless are standard on all grades.
Available Toyota Prius Grades
“E” grade models offer the best fuel economy, “S” grade models are equipped with the adequate standard equipment, and “A” grade models include advanced systems such as the Toyota Safety Sense P. “A Premium” models consume standard equipment of the “A” grade models genuine steering wheel with leather-wrapped with genuine leather seats. All “S” and “A” grades and include the “Selection watch” option tools such as 215 / 45R17 tires, aluminum wheels, synthetic and leather seats. “A Premium” models include the above but includes a genuine leather seats.
The E-Four electronic four-wheel drive system is available as a ‘touring Selection “all” S “,” A “, and” A Premium “grades.
Special-purpose mobility helped Welcab variants
An easy-to-operate rotating and tilting front passenger seat enables smooth ingress and egress will be available from March 10, 2016. The seat in the same way as the seat cushion angle as a base, thereby helping to prevent fatigue on long drives and reduce the burden on the body. It also keeps the eye of the passenger line almost at the same level as the driver comfort and more closely and replication of the experience of driving a car.
Welcab variants include standard A and B, including an electric wheelchair lift. Welcab Friendmatic Seat models (Types I to IV) will be available from April 1, 2016.
- Link to the “Toyota Prius” webpage (Japanese only) http://toyota.jp/prius/
- Link to the “Toyoita Prius Welcab” webpage (Japanese only) http://toyota.jp/prius/welcab/